Reflective Essay
I been writing for almost a while since I enter ASTI. Overall I think I have made some improvement because of some tips and tricks that I learn from my English 1 teacher. An example in the very first blog:
Personally I think this is a bad way give a ending to the topic that I wrote about, which is about bullying. If i were to retype the whole thing again, then I would first work on the ending. The body paragraph is pretty fine because it shows my thought about it, but the ending does not really wrap up everything I am trying to say. After a month of learning new tricks in ending a pieces, I have now improved in many area and have many new techniques in ending a piece.
An example after I learn some trick and type I typed a thesis and put it in my blog:
This type of ending is usually the best because it pretty much summarize my thought about it and end my writing. Personally I think this could be improved more somehow. This is because I am more of an instinctual writer so I have can somewhat tell whether my writing need improvement. Thanks to my instinct, I have gotten out of many trouble that I did not notice but got a strange feeling where I made an error, which I did. This was really important because I am the type of a hand on person who learn from mistakes so being a instinctual writer actually has it own benefits for me. However, as a instinctual writer, I have some flaws. Those flaws include that I might not have an instinct that I got something wrong and I might not notice it. In such a case I will be in big trouble.
Another way that I have improved in my essay is speed. I have been typing and writing way faster than before. I notice this because when I write this blog it took me less time then usual. It about the same length I always type them, and they usually take me 30 minute to write the whole thing. I don’t plan my stuff so I just write. This blog post however, took me only 15 minute to write and blog about it. So this mean that I have been improving over the last quarter.
Another improvement that I gain during the past quarter is new tricks in revising my draft. I have been writing up some thesis and posting them in blog. The thesis usually have a first draft, second draft, and final draft. At first I was being stupid and all that so my thesis was extremely bad because I just random put stuff in and it had a lot of revision to do. But now I can avoid that by learning technique not to make mistakes in the first place.
One of my most common mistakes is that my introduction usually need to be worked on. This is true because on my Q’s thesis it was very hard to come up with the intro and then back it up.
It took me a long while to write this thesis. This is a thesis about one of the special story that Italo Calvino wrote where the prompt is what is Q character traits. To be honest with you, it took me about 3 hour to write this thesis. I keep on messing up and everything like that the thesis you are looking at is about the sixth revision that I made. This is a improvement because my original thesis without any revision was:
Since I learned so much from the past quarter, I am expecting a lot from this quarter. I expect that I will learn more techniques about revision, editing, writer’s blog, and hopefully overall improvement of my writing. I also hope to improve my reading skill because sometime I struggle with reading. This is my goal for the whole freshmen year of ASTI.
During the first quarter, I have learned how to improve my usual writings and my revision techniques. I also have been typing some blog post as a way to express my writing beauty. However, those blog post are usually just some random blog post topic I decide to type about. They are either some blog post about myself or a response post to the other students blog. They may also be some assignment that is due because of Mr. Sutherland required me to, like this assignment.
I been writing for almost a while since I enter ASTI. Overall I think I have made some improvement because of some tips and tricks that I learn from my English 1 teacher. An example in the very first blog:
“Regardless I think it was horrible of them to harm their peer like that. So I would stop those action if I ever encounter this type of situation. I will also ask myself does I want to be treated like that.”
Personally I think this is a bad way give a ending to the topic that I wrote about, which is about bullying. If i were to retype the whole thing again, then I would first work on the ending. The body paragraph is pretty fine because it shows my thought about it, but the ending does not really wrap up everything I am trying to say. After a month of learning new tricks in ending a pieces, I have now improved in many area and have many new techniques in ending a piece.
An example after I learn some trick and type I typed a thesis and put it in my blog:
“He didn’t take side with Lll or his uncle. This quote also supports my idea of his personality.”
This type of ending is usually the best because it pretty much summarize my thought about it and end my writing. Personally I think this could be improved more somehow. This is because I am more of an instinctual writer so I have can somewhat tell whether my writing need improvement. Thanks to my instinct, I have gotten out of many trouble that I did not notice but got a strange feeling where I made an error, which I did. This was really important because I am the type of a hand on person who learn from mistakes so being a instinctual writer actually has it own benefits for me. However, as a instinctual writer, I have some flaws. Those flaws include that I might not have an instinct that I got something wrong and I might not notice it. In such a case I will be in big trouble.
Another way that I have improved in my essay is speed. I have been typing and writing way faster than before. I notice this because when I write this blog it took me less time then usual. It about the same length I always type them, and they usually take me 30 minute to write the whole thing. I don’t plan my stuff so I just write. This blog post however, took me only 15 minute to write and blog about it. So this mean that I have been improving over the last quarter.
Another improvement that I gain during the past quarter is new tricks in revising my draft. I have been writing up some thesis and posting them in blog. The thesis usually have a first draft, second draft, and final draft. At first I was being stupid and all that so my thesis was extremely bad because I just random put stuff in and it had a lot of revision to do. But now I can avoid that by learning technique not to make mistakes in the first place.
One of my most common mistakes is that my introduction usually need to be worked on. This is true because on my Q’s thesis it was very hard to come up with the intro and then back it up.
“Q, or qfwfq, is different in every story in Cosmiccomisc written by Italo Calvino also known as qfwfq is a character that is different in every story written by Italo Calvino in Cosmicomics. He is sometime a tadpole, dinosaur, or even a molecule. Even though he is very different he still possesses some of the same characteristic in every story. Q’s personalitly is very unique as he doesn’t like to take sides, he is very showy, and he often misunderstands others.”
It took me a long while to write this thesis. This is a thesis about one of the special story that Italo Calvino wrote where the prompt is what is Q character traits. To be honest with you, it took me about 3 hour to write this thesis. I keep on messing up and everything like that the thesis you are looking at is about the sixth revision that I made. This is a improvement because my original thesis without any revision was:
“Q is a character written by Cosmiccomisc. His personality is very unique as he doesn’t like to take sides, he is very showy, and he often misunderstands others.”
You can see the differences between the two where one is kind of perfect or lean toward perfection where the other one is just need improvement. Overall I expected a lot of things from this type of blog post.Since I learned so much from the past quarter, I am expecting a lot from this quarter. I expect that I will learn more techniques about revision, editing, writer’s blog, and hopefully overall improvement of my writing. I also hope to improve my reading skill because sometime I struggle with reading. This is my goal for the whole freshmen year of ASTI.
No comments:
Post a Comment