After reading chapter two in this book. I predict that the central conflict in Mice and Men are properly some type of Character vs character or character vs self.
I think of that because I think that Curley wife is going to flirt Lennie and that is going to cause some problem because Lennie have no immunity to woman that is more into pleasure with others man than just being faithful to one man. Some quote or text from the book lead me to believe this. That quote explain that Lennie is very vulnerable to stuff he likes. Apparently he liked Curley wife because she fascinate him.
Some central theme about character vs self is properly something like Lennie is a guy who can't resist temptation of Curley's wife. Sadly this mean that Lennie is going to have a hard time in this book. I think here is what going to happen:
Despite all the warning from George about Curley Wife, Lennie still couldn't resist woman temptation and fall into her trap. Lennie will properly like try to hold her dress or hug her or something then she will properly like scream. Then Curley and his dad will come and fire Lennie and George. This is what I think is going to happen.
Another possible central theme about character vs character is properly something like Lennie is going to be picked on by Curley and his wife. I think here is what going to happen if this main idea theme is true:
Lennie is a big guy and Curley is a small guy. Curley hated big guy because Curley is a small guy (unreasonable). So Curley is properly going to be picking on Lennie and make Lennie life harder. George is going to do almost anyting to prevent that, but despite what everything he warn Lennie. Lennie decided to give Curley a punch in the face. This is what I think is more likely to happen. I think this is more likely to happen because well Lennie is annoyed by Curley and he is going to snap anytime soon (I think). If Lennie snap then Curley will get it because Lennie is extremely strong. So if you add everything together it make sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment