Q is often misunderstood by other character In “The Dinosaurs,” he ran away from others for millennium. From then on, he runs away every time he saw others species:
“I ran off; they chased me. For millennia I had been used to striking terror all around me, and to feeling terror of the other’s reaction to the terror I aroused. (P.)
Also, in “The Aquatic Uncle” he was misunderstood that he was embarrassed by his own uncle. This is part of his unique personality that he shared with every single him in the others story. After Q and Lll’s first visit to Uncle N’ba N’ga, Lll surprises Q with her sudden request:
“See here, aren’t you going to take me to visit your uncle anymore?” In a faint voice I asked: “Are you joking?” (P.)
The first quote shows that Q has been running away from others without trying to understand them. Others wanted to chase Q because they wanted to know why he was running away, for they thought he saw a dinosaur because dinosaur was all extinct but still have the legend of them being the strongest. The second quote show that he misunderstood Lll completely, for he thought his uncle gave off a bad impression to his girl friend but he was caught surprise because his own girl friend asks him to bring her to his uncle. This means that Q shares some same characteristic even on other story.
Q is also a very showy person. He sometime would like to show off in the story “The Aquatic Uncle.” As Lll begins to grow more interested in his uncle then him, Q thinks he may be losing her affection.
Suspecting this, I hastened to woo her back. I took to performs in all sorts of feats: Hunting flying insects, leaping, digging underground, dens, wrestling with the strongest in our group. (Story from when he was a dog?” (P.)
Q performs a bunch of feats trying to o get Lll affection back to him, but she weren’t there when he did all that. Apparently she was with his uncle learning how to swim from his uncle. This means that he had already begun to lose her. Lll affection to Q changes from where when he shows off to her. Then he introduces her to his uncle, which is a bad idea. Her affection changes when she meets his uncle. The root of this reason was because he shows to Lll: “This time I not only felt I could follow her, but also that I could win, because my paws got a better grip on damps surfaces.” This quote also supports my thought about Q showy personality.
Another trait of Q is that Q never takes side
“I didn’t give a damn about any of them. I had to escape as fast as possible, let them stew in their own juice, have nothing more to do with these old stories.”(P.)
This quote show that Q wouldn’t take side even if one of the sides he knows would lose. He also wouldn’t take side with the dinosaur which is also part of the dinosaur family. He also didn’t take side when he is in the tadpole story. “It was a hard blow for me. But, after all, what could I do about it? I went on my way, in the midst of the world’s transformations, being transformed myself.”
He didn’t take side with Lll or his uncle. This quote also supports my idea of his personality.
No comments:
Post a Comment