After reading the final chapter of the "Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini, to be frank I was disappointed. I feel that this last section was very boring to the point that it is very strange and weird in some part of the story, but overall I feel very disappointed. I was disappointed because the story became back your typical happy ending. I was disappointed because Amir and Sohrab return safely. However, ultimately I was disappointed in Amir family accepting Sohrab just like that.
I am disappointed in the story became back into your typical happy ending.It is typical among story because the story end in Amir regrets of his past is fulfill. I think it is typical among story because a lot of other story by the part where Amir can now just live in the world without any regrets of the past. The other books that I read is usually somewhere where in the middle of the story the hero of the story gotten some kind of struggle and then they gotten over it in the end. This is basically what happen to Amir in the "Kite Runner".
I am disappointed because Amir and Sohrab return safely. I am disappointed because during the time where Amir meet Assef and is fighting against each other for whether or not Amir may get Sohrab back. It is foreshadow that Amir will die and Sohrab will become some kind of slave for some kind of weird experiment Assef will perform. However, by pure luck--- no dumb luck that Amir and Sohrab survive. Personally I think it is very stupid to do that and it will just ruined the story. The "Kite Runner" has a deep plot and a dark plot that reveal something about current day Afganistan. By doing what you call a "happy ending" does not actually suit the deep plot of this book.
Finally, I am disappointed because Amir family accept Sohrab without a fight or any good explanation. I got a weird twist feeling that this somehow seem wrong. It is just my instinct, but I think there are better way to do this kind of stuff. Please report to me and post a blog post responding to this if you agree. Ignore me if your wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment