Welcome

Model, this blog is no longer avaialabe to any outsider other than 1 person, and that is myself. For some reason you are able to read this blog, then please exit this browser.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Leven Thmps and the gateway to foo?!!@@!!

Leven Thumps and the gateway to foo by Obert Skye is a book about a boy call Leven, or Lev for short, adventuring to save the world. With his companion, he need to venture through many things in order to save the world from the bad guy. This book is pretty classic as this type of plot is rather a bit common. The story is mostly the adventure of Lev and his experience of many things. In comparison to other books I have read before, this book is pretty standard or average. One books that I will compare this book to is the Inheritance Trilogy: Eragon. Eragon is basically a plot of a boy getting his own dragon and he need to save the world. It mostly adventure. 


That being said, what are some things that are similar to Eragon in Leven Thumps and perhaps what make Leven Thumps stand out from Eragon. Eragon and Leven Thumps both have the magic as well as adventure theme in it.
They also have safe the world theme, so what make them different from one another is their targeted age. This is what make Leven Thumps unique and perhaps better than Eragon. Leven Thumps contain humor which Eragon lacks. There are scene that contain humorous scene which Eragon lack. This include a scene where Lev is in a life and death situation and the person who they believed was perhaps a kick and he is big and powerful was a... toothpick:
"'That's Geth,' Winter  cried.
'Geth's here?'" Leven asked in amazement. 'Where?
'In my pocket,' Winter choked. 'He's a . . . toothpick.'"(211)
This is perhaps the best scene as it is the climax where Lev meet Geth, the powerful being that he was told that he would be the one to help and assist him in his role . . . as a toothpick? That a bit hilarious no matter what one will say. It reveal that this book is not fully serious. This create a whole different mood for the book.


*PS: I HOPE IT 350 WORD CAUSE I AREN'T CHECKING, AT THE MOMENT I AM PRAYING IT IS.*

3 comments:

  1. I thing that in order to make this post stronger you should include which book you like better. Also, is the other book Eragon written by the same author as this book you are reading now, or are they written by different authors and you are comparing the two because you find good points of comparisons for them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the point you make about the author using humor is very good. It is important to do this because it allows permanent gain for readers, this gain causes them to keep reading. A lot of the time jokes can say more then a statement because people will want to listen to the joke because they benefit by getting a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the ending of this post, where you compared the two characters. The beginning was very hard to understand. I think you should go more in depth in the introduction, and really actually explain the similarities. The quote you used did not very integrate well with you post. Overall, I think you should focus on one question and just that question, because doing multiple questions make very brief answers.Btw, this is 20 words short from 350 words.

    ReplyDelete