2. Once upon a time
3. Eyes
4. Name
The start of everything
I am here. I am in United States, but it seems different from what I have heard. It is not full of noisy metallic objects I heard about when I was in the airplane. It does not contain streets crowed with everyone from other ethnicities. This area is just empty. I did not know during that time that this area is the parking lot, and no one ever comes here unless they are about to leave or just arrive here. Suddenly, a figure gestures at us.
Over here, said the stranger as he approaches closer.
My mother welcomes them with, hello.
My mother welcomes them with, hello.
By now, I can see who those people are. It is my cousin and his family. My cousin belongs to my mother’s side of the family branch. His mother and my mother are siblings. They are a family of four. First is the second child, Stroy, a fat and perhaps stubborn as well as spoil. Second is the third child, Kong. Kong is smaller and younger than Stroy and he is more obedient than Stroy when given orders. Kong is like a monkey while Stroy is like big fat fluffy cat.
This is truly United State, I thought as I approach the car. This car was very strange and is different looking than those in my hometown. It have a shape of round yet not round, rectangular yet not rectangular. The outer-layer is white, but the inner-layer is black. There are engine here and there, and strange mechanics that I never seen before. Although I heard about this strange car before, it was still a fascinating sight. Suddenly, in the sky come a blue balloon flying up toward it's as if the sky is embracing the balloon itself.
Once upon a time
Before Stroy was born, there was a sad tragic story for his family. Stroy is the second son of his family. He have a brother... excuse me, used to have a brother. Alex, his name was, was murdered... no, that not right, he wasn’t murdered, he was killed by a automobile accident. Nevertheless, he was killed, as a young toddler. My auntie and uncle has tried to sue that driver, however, he manage to escape by a fine of 10,000 thousand dollar. No prison, nothing, just a fine of 10,000 and he was release free of guilt. With that, Stroy and his family never gotten a true revenge against that killer. Every year, Stroy and his family pray for him every year in May.
Even though they try to forget about the accident, I still remember every year, Stroy and Kong are very dispirited during the month of May. Stroy said that he never wanted a older brother, however, sometime I feel that he is just lying so that his parent won't be sad. This is the story of a tragic death place upon a family.
Eyes
Eyes is a mysterious thing. It is like a mirror, reflecting the personality. An eyes is like a object that can reflect the inner-heart of even the most cruel person.
The eyes of my family are different. My dad eyes are like a newborn, always with curiosity. My sister eyes is vigorous just like a marathon rat. Always want to do something and endure through it alone. My mother eyes are searching, always searching for. They all have a similarity between each other. They yearn for the future in order to do something.
I, however, am different from them. My eye do not yearn for the future. My eye, isn't energetic and active, it is lazy. My eye don't want to do nothing because of too much trouble. My eye is small and it may be a coward, but it never want to give up. My eye is dangerous, it always shows sign of rebellious. My eye isn't good at all.
Name
Different name may held different meanings. Stroy Chinese's name mean grow up successfully. This fit Stroy personality as he is very childish, but very serious when it come to work. The last time I see him he was able to change quickly from playing into working. Kong Chinese's is unique unlike mine. It mean safely protecting others. This name can held different meanings in different situation. However, I am sure when Uncle and Auntie create this name, it must mean to protect the family from previous past.
The name within my family generation is also different and unique. My sister name is Mi Vanh, meaning good will. This applies to her as well. Even though she is very mean and sometime very scary, she doesn't mean true harm. But my name, my name is kind of different. My name is Vinh, though my Chinese's name held the meaning of caring to others. I don't think this apply to me at all since I don't nessacary feel that my action does that.
i responded to this
ReplyDeletehttp://colinf95.blogspot.com/2011/04/vignette-response.html
hey buddy i took some of your story and made it a quote and analyzed it on my blog! ;) http://ivan814.blogspot.com/2011/04/there-are-several-commonalities-
ReplyDeletemy respond
ReplyDeletehttp://sabersalehblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/looking-through-great-vignettes.html